When gathering information you should:
- only ask for information which is absolutely needed
- ask for required information first
- group related fields together, for example "Email" and "Phone"
- add '(optional)' to labels of information that isn't required
- avoid unnecessary words like 'Please' or 'Enter' in labels
- minimise the number of fields on each page
- avoid manipulative design patterns
When gathering information from young people you should:
- explain why information is being asked for
- explain who will see any personal information
- allow them to remain anonymous where possible
- ensure they have privacy and are safeguarded
Use the components below for text entry. You should:
- make the size appropriate to the amount of information requested
- use multiples of 8 for setting the size
- use hint text rather than placeholder text
So that we can send you the certificate.
Use this component for date entry. You should:
- use it instead of dropdowns
- allow flexible data entry, for example 01 and 1
- trigger a numeric keyboard when available
- avoid auto-tabbing between fields
- avoid using calendar pickers
Use the components below for choices. You should:
- use them instead of dropdowns
- limit the options to eight or less
When using this component you should provide an option that excludes the others.
View Conditional research on GitHub.
Use this component for interactive triggers that don't submit data.
Use this component to trigger the submitting of form data.
When using this component you should:
- only use it once on each page
- use a verb, for example save
- only use the Green colour
- not use a disabled state
Enter the name of the meal