Use these components to create a consistent type hierarchy.
If your product has additional needs, follow the typography standards.
View Topic code on GitHub.
What we do
View Title code on GitHub.
How we support children and families
View Lede code on GitHub.
Fostering and adoption
View Heading code on GitHub.
Foster a child
View Subheading code on GitHub.
We build stronger families, safer childhoods and positive futures.
View Paragraph code on GitHub.
View Cite code on GitHub.
View Code component code on GitHub.
Voice and influence of young people
- introduce with a descriptive sentence
- aim to keep the length of items similar
You should avoid:
- starting items with the same word
Use this component when there is no specific sequence or order to the items.
When talking with a professional you should mention:
- when the problems started
- if there’s a pattern in the problems
- any difficulties in school or with friends
- any big family issues like divorce or bereavement
Use this component when the items have a specific sequence or count.
If you think your child may be suffering from mental health difficulties:
- Lean on your support network.
- Tell your child about childline.
- Talk to your child’s school.
- Visit your child’s GP.
Use this component to reveal hidden information.
There are many methods to donate.
How to donate by post?
If you’d like to donate by post, simply send a cheque made payable to Barnardo’s to:
Supporter Services [OPD]
- choose short sentences with one main idea
- limit the number on each page
Use this component to emphasise an excerpt from the main content.
Parents needed more support with their emotional wellbeing, boundaries, behaviour, home and money.
Use this component to display a quotation from a person.
When quoting authoritative adults, ensure they have experience working with young people.
Someone believed in me once and now it’s time for me to do the same.
The family support worker is able to engage and build positive relationships with families who previously kept their distance from school.
Prominent Block Quote
- limit to one on each page
By tackling the causes as well as the symptoms, we can create better outcomes for more children.
James Roberts – Young person
- use data that’s compelling and easy to understand
- limit the number on each page
children supported through our school-based programmes
had improved self-esteem
- match the tone of the surrounding copy
- include descriptive
alttags in the code
- include subtitles
- include a transcription
Use this component to add a caption, for example to images and videos.
- be clear and concise
- provide a description that makes sense out of context
Use this component to callout part of the content.
Barnardo’s The Triangle
2 Coxwell Road
Use this component to prominently callout part of the content.
Tips for dealing with stress:
- listen to calming music
- write or draw what you want to happen
- go for a walk or do some exercise
- play a game
Use this component to section part of the content.
Going into care
Going into care is a big step. This option will be looked at after checking whether there’s any other ways you could be properly cared for and feel safe at home.
Use this component to section more than one part of content.